Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Religious Experience

Last year I decided to photograph some places of worship in Gainesville, Texas. Gainesville is home to some beautiful and historical churches.These are some of the ones I was able to photograph on an afternoon trip to town.

I added Biblical passages to them. Here are the four I photographed.
St Mary's Catholic Church
Gainesville, Texas
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."
~ Psalm 28:7 ~

First Presbyterian Church
Gainesville, Texas
"Through difficult times, I will rejoice because the Lord God is my savior,
He gives me strength."
~ Habbakkuk 3:17-19 ~

St Paul's Episcopal Church
Gainesville, Texas
"I will say of the LORD,
He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
~ Psalm 91:2 ~


 
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Gainesville, Texas
"I am like a large olive tree in God's house.
I trust the mercy of God forever and ever."
~ Psalm 52:8 ~
 

1 comment:

  1. hiya dear :O) followed you from Bonanza master list- ps I am originally from Texas and you did a beautiful job capturing the essence of some of the lovely areas there

    ReplyDelete